none
Move AD Connect from one Exchange Online tenant to another RRS feed

• Question

• I recently started a Hybrid deployment in preparation for migrating mailboxes from an Exchange 2010 server. The Office 365 licenses were purchased through a 3rd party vendor and at that time the our admin account was created. Since then, I logged on, verified the clients public domain and created a new Global Administrator account under the recently verified public domain.

I then proceeded to install AD Connect on one of my DC's and kicked off the initial sync without any issues. When I logged on to portal.office.com to start the HCW I noticed that Exchange Admin Center was not available. After doing some digging I found that I somehow have two O365 tenants, one that was created by the 3rd party vendor which includes all licensing and partner info and another that does not. Unfortunately the sync was done to the one that does not have partner info or licensing.

My question is, can I safely un-sync my domain from the existing 365 tenant, delete the sync'd users from 365, delete the verified domain and then start over to get everything sync'd with the correct 365 tenant? Will there be any fallout since this domain has already been sync'd to a 365 tenant?

Please let me know if this is possible or if there is any information I am missing to assist with a viable solution.

Thank you in advance!

Thursday, April 18, 2019 12:50 AM

Answers

• Nothing to worry about, simply stop the sync and rerun the AAD Connect config wizard to hook it up to the other tenant.
    • Marked as answer by CeeJayEff Thursday, April 18, 2019 10:01 PM
    Thursday, April 18, 2019 7:32 AM

All replies

• Nothing to worry about, simply stop the sync and rerun the AAD Connect config wizard to hook it up to the other tenant.
    • Marked as answer by CeeJayEff Thursday, April 18, 2019 10:01 PM
    Thursday, April 18, 2019 7:32 AM
  • Thank you for your response. I was hoping it would not be a problem to proceed this way. I appreciate your input.
    Thursday, April 18, 2019 3:31 PM