none
Dirty Environment found After Reboot RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on inherited environment and limited on # of changes i can make at the moment.

I have a need to reboot between apps in application bundle.

Cant use "Restart Computer" step. And The app i need to reboot after dost not help on exe and i cant figure out if i can reboot after it.

So i created a simple batch "shutdown -r -t 00" and added it as an application and added it where i needed.

It did rebooted where i needed but after the login i got "Dirty Environment found"

Clicking no i was able to finish the TS. 

Is my logic wrong What can i do to avoid this pop up?

Thank you

• Edited by Ogeccut Friday, December 15, 2017 5:02 PM
    Friday, December 15, 2017 5:02 PM

Answers

• Since you are using an application bundle, you could check the "Reboot the computer after installing this application" box in the application settings.

As said before, never ever perform a reboot on your own during an MDT task sequence.

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

• Marked as answer by Ogeccut Monday, December 18, 2017 4:52 PM
    Sunday, December 17, 2017 8:05 AM

All replies

• Why can't you use Restart Computer, seeing that is what you wish to accomplish?
    Friday, December 15, 2017 7:59 PM
  • You need to let MDT do the reboots, don't use batch files.
    • Edited by MDT Guy Friday, December 15, 2017 9:08 PM
    Friday, December 15, 2017 9:06 PM
  • Since you are using an application bundle, you could check the "Reboot the computer after installing this application" box in the application settings.

As said before, never ever perform a reboot on your own during an MDT task sequence.

Cheers,
    Anton

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

• Marked as answer by Ogeccut Monday, December 18, 2017 4:52 PM
    Sunday, December 17, 2017 8:05 AM
  • Thank you. That seems to work. Ive been using MDT fro 10 years i think but never knew of that check box.

Thank you,.

Monday, December 18, 2017 4:52 PM
  • Anton,

One more question, just looking at your screenshot i assume you are deploying surfaces. 

I have an issue with surface that when a user walks away unplugs the dock. When they get back and plug in back in, monitors turn on. However network is not detected and most of the time screen resolution on some apps "IE and Adobe" is very large. 

Using Win 10 1607/1703 and 1709

latest drivers

After reboot everything is normal. Have you seen this?

Thanks for the help.

Monday, December 18, 2017 4:56 PM
  • Just for what we see using Surfaces, the dock issue is random. What works for us is to unplug the dock, with the pc docked. Plug the dock back in and it all connects up fine. It seems docking with the dock plugged in doesn't always pick up devices. We're also moving away from Surfaces being that you cannot remove the HDD.
    Monday, December 18, 2017 5:04 PM
  • Replugging the surface back to a dock? 

I am not able to fix it by replugging. And thats not something i am comfortable recommending users :)

Monday, December 18, 2017 6:23 PM
  • We just unplug the dock and plug it back in. It's the only fix we have so that is what we do.
    Monday, December 18, 2017 6:29 PM
  • We just unplug the dock and plug it back in. It's the only fix we have so that is what we do.

From my understanding, your issues appears to be totally unrelated (since in this case the dirty environment was caused by an (from MDT‘s point of view) unexpected reboot). While unplugging the dock might fix the problem you are running into, I would recommend trying to figure out what is causing it and implementing a solution.

Cheers,
    Anton

Monday, December 18, 2017 6:31 PM
  • I was just adding a comment about the devices and network discovery issue, randomly happening. It is not image-related so I've never looked into the issue. This is what end-techs do when docking the Surfaces does not bring up network or devices. We're dropping these aweful devices from our line anyway.

I spend untold hours troubleshooting issues related to MDT and finding solutions. It's not a concept foreign to me.

Monday, December 18, 2017 6:36 PM
  • Agree, from what i can see surface is crap for enterpice. But i dont have a say in a matter as we bought a lot...SA LOTTTT without test driving it :) I dont think we will by more, both those have to be supported,. 
    Monday, December 18, 2017 7:23 PM
  • Our issue, from the tech side, is that they can't be opened. Being a law enforcement org, we can't send in a surface with all of its data on it. Rather than swapping HDD, we have to USMT the data, configure a new pc and wipe out the old to send it in for service. That was overlooked when they were purchased.
    Monday, December 18, 2017 7:27 PM