How do you display an additional field from AD on the User Record? RRS feed

• Question

• We have our AD Connector working and can see user info from AD when we're in SCSM.  We have another attribute in AD that we would like to display on the user record.   How do I add this in?    Can I do it with the Authoring Tool?  I could not figure that out. 

Thanks!
    Debi R.
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 8:00 PM

Answers

• Not sure if this is possible in your given situation, but maybe you could use one of the properties we already bring in via the AD connector to store this data?
    Travis Wright Senior Program Manager Lead Microsoft
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 6:23 AM

All replies

• Which attribute?  Is it one that the AD connector is already bringing into the Service Manager CMDB and it is just not showing on the form or is this a attribute which is not currently being brought in by the AD connector?

Wednesday, December 9, 2009 11:33 PM
  • It's extensionAttribute14 for us.    We are using this field to store our location numbers. 

Thanks!
    Deb
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 3:27 PM
  • We don't support adding custom AD properties for the AD connector.  We only support extensions for SCCM connector and OM CI connectors.

A possible workaround would be to extend the AD User class and then use the CSV import tool to bring the data into the SM DB, but that might be too much manual overhead if you need this to be regularly synced.
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 5:59 AM
  • Not sure if this is possible in your given situation, but maybe you could use one of the properties we already bring in via the AD connector to store this data?
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 6:23 AM
  • Tuesday, December 22, 2009 3:42 AM