Per Page Permissions RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have created 2 groups of people, and i want to create a private page on my site where only one of the groups can access it. However when i add one group to the permissions list, they then have access to every page. how do i set different permissions per page?

Regularly it would be to select Page in the ribbon and from there select Page Permission. however this option is not accessible in my new SharePoint

Thank you

Friday, July 24, 2020 1:53 PM

All replies

• Hi, MaxSmith4,

Just like you said, there shall be a button called "Page Permission" in Page Ribbon if you are using SharePoint 2016. As you mention "new SharePoint", I assume you are referring to SharePoint Online. 

For setting Item/File level unique permission, you can follow the .gif file below to add unique permission on your page.

Click on the 3 dots button on right hand of your page, in the pop-up menu, click on manage access. you can see a pane on the right side of your browser page. Scroll down to find the link saying "Advanced", click it, you will be redirected to the permission setting page for this certain item(you page). The following process will just be like what you have done before after clicking on the Page Permission button. 

This “SharePoint Server 2016” Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Best Regards

Jerry

"SharePoint" forums will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A !
    We invite you to post new questions in the "SharePoint" forums' new home on Microsoft Q&A !

Monday, July 27, 2020 3:03 AM
  • Hi, MaxSmith4,

Have you tried the solution? Does it work for you?

Best Regards

Jerry

We invite you to post new questions in the "SharePoint" forums' new home on Microsoft Q&A !

Friday, July 31, 2020 8:57 AM
  • Hi,

This forum will be locked down, if you still have issues about this question, you can continue to post in here before 8/10/2020. Or, you can create a new question on Microsoft Q&A, we will continue to support you on the new home.

Best Regards

Jerry

Monday, August 3, 2020 7:22 AM
  • Hi, MaxSmith4,

After a few days, is there any update about your issue?

Best Regards

Jerry

Friday, August 7, 2020 1:21 AM