Save Button in SharePoint 2007 Not working in Designer RRS feed

• Question

• SharePoint 2007 (Gov hasn't Migrated to 2010 yet)

I'm not sure what is going on with this custom form. I have made custom disp, edit and new forms for my work and had to add the save/cancel button. Well the cancel button works fine it's the savebutton that has issues. Here is the code I used: <SharePoint:SaveButton runat="server" ControlMode="New" id="newsavebutton"/> The error I get is below: Server Error in '/' Application. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Specified method is not supported. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the erro and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NotSupportedException: Specified method is not supported Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. Stack Trace: [NotSupportedException: Specified method is not supported.] Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.DataFormWebPart.HierarchicalCommit() +904 Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.DataFormWebPart.PerformCommit() +66 Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.DataFormWebPart.HandleOnSave(Object sender, EventArgs e) +61 Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.SaveButton.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +1906 System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +70 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +29 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2981

Monday, June 9, 2014 7:38 PM

All replies