Datasheet view disabled on one document library in site RRS feed

• Question

• Hi;

I have a site with several document libraries and one of the doclibs has teh Datasheet view greyed out.  This happens for all users on this one doclib, the other doclibs do show the datasheet view.  We are using WinXP 32bit and Office 2007 32 bit clients.

Our system is MOSS2010 Enterprise with SP1.  The "Allow items in this document library to be edited using the datasheet?" is set to Yes.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks - Jon

Monday, February 6, 2012 9:16 PM

Answers

• Try creating a new datasheet view and check if it works fine. If this doesn't work then export the document library and import it on the same. It must resolve your issue.
    Monday, February 6, 2012 11:30 PM

All replies

• Are there different permissions on that library? It's possible that a different permission level was used preventing the datasheet view from working.

-victor

Be a part of the community, please remember to indicate if your question/comment has been answered or is helpful.

Monday, February 6, 2012 9:23 PM
  • Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am the site collection owner so there should be no issues with permissions.
    Monday, February 6, 2012 9:25 PM
  • Try creating a new datasheet view and check if it works fine. If this doesn't work then export the document library and import it on the same. It must resolve your issue.
    Monday, February 6, 2012 11:30 PM
  • I tried exporting & importing the list in our QA environment.  It worked there but I cannot do it in the production environment until the weekend.

Thanks!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 1:43 PM
  • Go to Library Settings >> Advanced Settings >> Select the option to allow Datasheet view. Regards, George
    Thursday, December 5, 2013 10:29 PM
  • what if i have the "Access View" instead of DataSheet View button to create views ? so my Button to DataSheetView is greyed
    Monday, January 29, 2018 6:02 PM