Where do you change the ringback file on Lync server control panel? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm getting most annoyed with Lync server and aslo with any posts i read online... Hopefully here i will get the answer i'm looking for. All i want to do it change the ringback tone from whatever it is now i.e. default to a new file i.e. ringback.wav etc. please point me in the right direction.
    Wednesday, November 9, 2011 6:17 PM

Answers

• Hi,

you cannot change the ring back tone to a custom tone in Lync Server . you only can customize the ring tone of the Lync Client installed in your PC. you can simply do that by changing the file in Control Panel, Sounds. Also there are some other tones that you can customize there.

Thamara. 

• Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Friday, November 11, 2011 7:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Wednesday, November 23, 2011 1:30 AM
    Wednesday, November 9, 2011 6:24 PM
  • Hi,Anthony,

If you are talking about the ringback tone of Response Group then you can upload a 8 or 16 kHz, mono 16-bit WAV file as the hold music for Response Group

You can check http://ucken.blogspot.com/2011/06/configuring-ring-tone-in-lync-response.html for more details.

If you are talking about the ringtone on Lync client it's not possible to customize it in Lync server side out of box.As Thamara said you only can customize it via Lync or Deskphone .

Regards,

Sharon

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Monday, November 21, 2011 11:36 AM
    Friday, November 11, 2011 7:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

you cannot change the ring back tone to a custom tone in Lync Server . you only can customize the ring tone of the Lync Client installed in your PC. you can simply do that by changing the file in Control Panel, Sounds. Also there are some other tones that you can customize there.

Thamara. 

• Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Friday, November 11, 2011 7:29 AM
    Wednesday, November 9, 2011 6:24 PM
  • Hi,Anthony,

If you are talking about the ringback tone of Response Group then you can upload a 8 or 16 kHz, mono 16-bit WAV file as the hold music for Response Group

You can check http://ucken.blogspot.com/2011/06/configuring-ring-tone-in-lync-response.html for more details.

If you are talking about the ringtone on Lync client it's not possible to customize it in Lync server side out of box.As Thamara said you only can customize it via Lync or Deskphone .

Regards,

Sharon

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Monday, November 21, 2011 11:36 AM
    Friday, November 11, 2011 7:28 AM