none
Reinstall RRS feed

• Question

• I had to wipe my computer because of viruses and this has happened before so I am going back and forth doing all these thing as finally I think I have found a solution when I enter my product key it says the product I purchased was to expensive and not eligilbe for re-download. I need this it is for my kids school. Anyone know anything I can do without having to re-purchase it?Please Help!!
    Monday, August 4, 2014 9:31 PM

All replies

• Worse case scenario, maybe the school can supply the Operating System and license it. In fact, they may have to do that anyways, to be able to use it in their network...just a guess.

But if you are talking about re-installing windows...just make sure you're typing in the product key correctly.

Just out of curiousity: Are you installing from a disc? CD or DVD, or is this the system restore partition on the Hard Drive?...that is, if it's windows.  I just am thinking about when I've re-installed windows from scratch, which I've done several times in my past with my current old system, and I don't recall ever having to enter a product key to valid windows....hmmm.

Oh well, good luck, hope this helps,

Jeff C

Thursday, August 7, 2014 12:10 PM