Agent installation for System Center Essentials 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm learning SCE 2010, and wanted to verify that the manual install for agents is: C:\Program Files\System Center Essentials\Setup\setup.exe

I've pushed from server, but want to know manual install.

Seems all the books I find are for SCCM 2007...   Any good books for learning SCE 2010 ?

• Moved by John Marcum Thursday, October 7, 2010 7:04 PM (From:Configuration Manager General)
    Thursday, October 7, 2010 6:59 PM

Answers

• It under c:\program files\System Center Essentials\AgentManagement

You will find all the agent msi's there.

SCE 2010 Library/Book?  Your best friend is Technet for now - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff603599.aspx

--
    Regards,
    Vik Singh
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please remember to click �??Mark as Answer�?� on the post that helps you, and to click �??Unmark as Answer�?� if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

I'm learning SCE 2010, and wanted to verify that the manual install for agents is: C:\Program Files\System Center Essentials\Setup\setup.exe

Seems all the books I find are for SCCM 2007...   Any good books for learning SCE 2010 ?

• Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Friday, October 8, 2010 6:59 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Vivian Xing Friday, October 8, 2010 6:59 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Vivian Xing Friday, October 8, 2010 6:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Friday, October 22, 2010 9:35 AM
    Thursday, October 7, 2010 7:26 PM

All replies

• It under c:\program files\System Center Essentials\AgentManagement

You will find all the agent msi's there.

SCE 2010 Library/Book?  Your best friend is Technet for now - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff603599.aspx

--
    Regards,
    Vik Singh
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please remember to click �??Mark as Answer�?� on the post that helps you, and to click �??Unmark as Answer�?� if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

I'm learning SCE 2010, and wanted to verify that the manual install for agents is: C:\Program Files\System Center Essentials\Setup\setup.exe

• Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Friday, October 8, 2010 6:59 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Vivian Xing Friday, October 8, 2010 6:59 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Vivian Xing Friday, October 8, 2010 6:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Friday, October 22, 2010 9:35 AM
    Thursday, October 7, 2010 7:26 PM
  • Hi,

I am writing to check if there is any concerns or questions regarding this issue. If so, please feel free to let me know and I will try my best to help.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, October 15, 2010 8:57 AM