Service Manager 2012 SP1 Fixes RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking to install SCSM 2012 SP1 however I cannot find a list of the bug fixes that are included in the service pack.

Does anyone know where to get a list of the fixes included in SCSM 2012 SP1?

Are the release notes accurate and the Service Manager Console is now only x64? I am hoping I am misreading something for this.

asdf

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 7:53 PM

Answers

• Kindly find below List :

Chargeback model can be created using Service Manager 2012 (SP1) along with other System Center components.

· In Service Manager, chargeback consists of a new node in the Administration workspace; new OLAP data cubes, and sample Excel reports.

· There is Improved Operations Manager Integration. An SCOM 2012 SP1 agent is automatically installed as part of Service Manager SP1. We have than manually configure the agent to connect it to SCOM management server. The agent works with SCOM 2007 R2, SCOM 2012, and SCOM 2012 SP1.

· There is SQL Server 2012 Support. SQL server 2012 can be used to host all Service Manager Databases.

· There is support for Windows Server 2012 except for the Self-Service Portal SharePoint web parts.

· Windows 8 is supported for the Service Manager console and for end-users accessing the Self-Service Portal.

The link for the Part 2 of this series can be found here:

Source : http://blogs.technet.com/b/infratalks/archive/2012/10/10/new-features-in-system-center-2012-sp1-part-1-of-2.aspx

There is one quick Features not mentioned here is that the tree view of Incident Categories on portal has been fixed as below snapshot

Kareem Behery

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 7:26 AM

All replies

Chargeback model can be created using Service Manager 2012 (SP1) along with other System Center components.

· In Service Manager, chargeback consists of a new node in the Administration workspace; new OLAP data cubes, and sample Excel reports.

· There is Improved Operations Manager Integration. An SCOM 2012 SP1 agent is automatically installed as part of Service Manager SP1. We have than manually configure the agent to connect it to SCOM management server. The agent works with SCOM 2007 R2, SCOM 2012, and SCOM 2012 SP1.

· There is SQL Server 2012 Support. SQL server 2012 can be used to host all Service Manager Databases.

· There is support for Windows Server 2012 except for the Self-Service Portal SharePoint web parts.

· Windows 8 is supported for the Service Manager console and for end-users accessing the Self-Service Portal.

Source : http://blogs.technet.com/b/infratalks/archive/2012/10/10/new-features-in-system-center-2012-sp1-part-1-of-2.aspx

There is one quick Features not mentioned here is that the tree view of Incident Categories on portal has been fixed as below snapshot

Kareem Behery

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 7:26 AM

Kareem Behery

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 7:27 AM
  • Hi Kareem!

Under My Requests? How are the activities looking? I heard only activites where last modified date is last 3 days are available?

Could you confirm?

John

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 8:34 AM
  • Hi John,

I dun think so as I can see all my requests created long time ago , here in below snapshot you will see incident created last month

Kareem Behery

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 9:48 AM
  • Hi Kareem,

Apologies, i mean to say the My Activities view.

Can you see every completed/Failed/Skipped/Pending/InProgress activitiy since the beginning of time? i Heard there was a fix to only show completed activities last modified int he last 3 days.

regards

John

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 9:53 AM
  • Thank you for the features list however I am looking for the bug fix list.

None of the new features apply to my environment currently and I am more interested in knowing the bugs that are fixed to determine if I will update to SCSM 2012 SP1. 

If indeed a X64 computer is now required for the console than SCSM 2012 SP1 is not likely something we will want to take on in the environment unless there are the fixes that we require.  Taking SCSM 2012 SP1 into the environment would require the IT staff to update all of their workstations if indeed X64 is required for the console.

I am just looking to know what SCSM 2012 SP1 fixes in regards to bugs.

Thanks

asdf

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 7:54 PM
  • Kareem - In the portal can you confirm that my requests description field shows more than 3 lines of the description field? If you could confirm I would really appriciate it.

Thanks,

Help

Friday, January 11, 2013 11:32 PM
  • Hi , sorry for being late at my reply , but actually still the same . Max 3 Lines  :(

Kareem Behery

Sunday, January 13, 2013 12:15 PM
  • Hi Kareem,

Apologies, i mean to say the My Activities view.

Can you see every completed/Failed/Skipped/Pending/InProgress activitiy since the beginning of time? i Heard there was a fix to only show completed activities last modified int he last 3 days.

regards

John

Hi John,

be aware that I've talked about "Activities" and not Incidents.

Peter Forster | MVP Virtual Machine 2002-2011 | Austria |

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 11:19 AM
  • Hi Peter,

Have you confirmed that with a SP1 web portal the Completed Activities only last 3 days? so fars its the only benefit i can see of upgrading to SP1 for our system.

Would this be the same for failed and skipped as well?

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:06 AM
  • Any other infromation about bug fixes in SP1?

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 4:08 PM

Kareem Behery

<object height="1" id="plugin0" style=";z-index:1000;" type="application/x-dgnria" width="1"><param name="tabId" value="{B097578A-8C73-4D46-9B1F-D0E1665ACCBB}" /></object>

For the component listed above, I have been successful in getting the agent configured on my data warehouse AND management server.  However, when I upgraded my portal, I was unable to get an agent working.  It did not install with the media, and I still cannot install it manually or pushed from the SCOM console.  This leaves my SharePoint server unmonitored as well at this time. 

Have you had any luck with getting the SCOM agent working on the Service Manager Self Service Portal computer?  If so, how did you approach this?

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 8:24 PM