How can I disable the Rich part of drag and drop RRS feed

• General discussion

• I agree that it the textual hint could be useful for many people but why the rediculously large icon?

I shudder just thinking about it. It's obscene.

Is there a way to turn this off and just use regular drag and drop? The rich part has no benefit for me at all since I have not used the left button to drag and drop for years.

I notice that Server 2008 does not have this.

I have seen 3rd party Vista forums saying there  is no way to do this but I cannot find the question asked specifically here so...

Thursday, March 5, 2009 3:51 PM

All replies

•  

Hi Rob, I consider this cannot be disabled in Windows Vista. A workaround can be expanding the width of the Navigation Pane. This allows you to hover the dragged file next to the folder tree so that you can see which folder is highlighted before dropping the file. Hope this helps!

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Monday, March 9, 2009 7:48 AM
  • Hmm unfortunately it's not any problem I have with being able to complete a drag and drop operation. It's just the sheer hideousness of having such a huge icon while doing so.
    I'm not usually offended by varieties of UI and their quirks but I almost physically twitch every time it pops up.
    I suppose partly this is due to this being for a multimedia PC on a 32 inch TV at 1280x720.

Monday, March 9, 2009 4:27 PM