none
Windows Components\File Explorer folder missing in Group Policy

Question

• We have a mixed mode server environment (2008 R2 and 2012 R2) running in 2008 R2 functional level.

I've created a central store in the past, and group policy editor is indicating it's pulling from the central store. I recently updated the ADMX files with the Windows 10 1511 ones.

I'm trying to set up some system defaults on our windows 10 machines we're deploying, but when I go to Computer Configuration > Policies > Administrative Template > Windows Components there should be a 'File Explorer' folder, but it's not there.

How can I get that File Explorer option to show up?

Wednesday, August 03, 2016 4:17 PM

Answers

All replies

• Darnit... I just figured out why it wasn't working... I had copied the admx policies over to \\domain\sysvol\domain\policies\blahblah but it apparently copied over to our read only domain controller. Once I had copied the new admx files over to a central store on a normal DC, it replicated and now shows up!
    Wednesday, August 03, 2016 4:36 PM
  • Hi,
    I am glad that the problem is fixed and appreciate your great update and share in this forum, it will be greatly helpful to others who have the same problem. Thank you for efforts again.
    Regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 04, 2016 8:14 AM
  • Awesome IZIRDUM. It is working :)
    Monday, August 14, 2017 7:15 AM