none
Problems to make fields visible if they have graphical indicators RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, i have an issue in PWA (2013)

i hope i can explain what it is:

first i create a custom field,  i call it ProjDateDiffDATA, entity task, type duration, with Formula, rolldown, shown as data
    the formula is ProjDateDiff([Start - which is the Start of the task] ; [ another custom field which contains a date ] ; "Calendar of company")

then i create another custom field, ProjDateDiffSYMBOL. Everything the same - one only point is different: i select the last option as graphical indicator and set values and equals and symbol.

2 custom fields, completly the same, only 'Values to Display' is different - one is DATA, the other is GRAPHICAL INDICATOR

Next step - i set up my views, want to show the new fields:

Manage Views - Project - 'Tasks Summary'
    i have both fields on the left side in 'available fields'. I can add both fields to 'displayed fields'. I can see the fields, when i go to project center and open a project and check the schedule in 'tasks summary' view.

now the issue: i will show it as well for resources in task center and do the setup: manage views - my work - and i select one the views there
    here there is only offered the field with DATA (ProjDateDiffDATA), but the field with the graphical indicator is not available.
    again: both fields are the same except for the 'values to display' setting - one is available, the other isn´t.

is it a bug?
    a wrong setup of the fields or views
    misunderstanding from my side how to use project?

i have a dirty workaround for this: i set up both fields as DATA, then both are available fields, i add both, both are visible in task center as data, then i change one of the two to graphical indicator, and it works.
    but i don´t like dirty workarounds...

Tuesday, February 26, 2019 4:24 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I assume you will need to work with your "dirty" solution. My congratulations to have found it!

I can reproduce your observation. I just assume that it adding graphical indicators was just not designed. Anyway, have graphical indicators are working there, so I think you are fine.

After testing in Project Online (usually the most current version showing current features), I can confirm the same behavior there.

Regards
    Barbara

Tuesday, February 26, 2019 5:52 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I assume you will need to work with your "dirty" solution. My congratulations to have found it!

I can reproduce your observation. I just assume that it adding graphical indicators was just not designed. Anyway, have graphical indicators are working there, so I think you are fine.

After testing in Project Online (usually the most current version showing current features), I can confirm the same behavior there.

Regards
    Barbara

Tuesday, February 26, 2019 5:52 PM
  • well it would be interesting, if version 2016 has the same problem

and i ask myself if is already known at Microsoft

Olof

Wednesday, February 27, 2019 7:42 AM
  • Hi,

it is the same with 2016.

Feel free to open a support call, if you don't want to rely on your work around. :)

Regards
    Barbara

Wednesday, February 27, 2019 6:44 PM
  • well...  I don´t know how a support call works.

Even if - i am not the recipient of the licence. I´m just a user with admin right for pwa. IT-admin for complete installation and support of SharePoint is another department in the company. I think they should make the call - but they don´t see the issue :-(

Technet Rückmeldung auf Frage

Friday, March 1, 2019 12:51 PM