Which of the upgrade approach would be better and with less troubleshooting with third party tool using in the server? RRS feed

• Question

• I actually have a client that has a SharePoint 2007 farm running in two WFE servers ,1 App index and Search, 1 third party tool (server knolage lake) and WFE runing third party tool nintex workflow,and also knowlage lake server work is caputer the doc as a scan and then inseart in to sharepoint repogetory,  The client wants to upgrade everything to SharePoint 2010.  In the new infrastructure, there will be 4 Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise, with two in a SQL Server Cluster configuration and the other two as NLB cluster for the front-end services.

Which of the approach would be better and with less troubleshooting?
    Thanks in advance!

Deepesh Yevle MCTS

Friday, April 27, 2012 3:24 AM

Answers

• Hi Deepak,

Follow Database approach and move your custom Content Manually once the Upgrade is successful

Thanks,

K.R.Senthil Kumar

Thanks, K.R.Senthil Kumar

Friday, April 27, 2012 5:45 AM
  • Hi Deepak,

I would propose to run the pre- upgrade checker tool on your exisitig farm . Below is the technet article

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262231.aspx

once you are able to identify and resolve the issue then you can proceed with the database attach approach .

Regards,

Raj

Friday, April 27, 2012 6:05 AM

All replies

• Hi Deepak,

Follow Database approach and move your custom Content Manually once the Upgrade is successful

Thanks,

K.R.Senthil Kumar

Thanks, K.R.Senthil Kumar

Friday, April 27, 2012 5:45 AM
  • Hi Deepak,

I would propose to run the pre- upgrade checker tool on your exisitig farm . Below is the technet article

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262231.aspx

once you are able to identify and resolve the issue then you can proceed with the database attach approach .

Regards,

Raj

Friday, April 27, 2012 6:05 AM