none
Exchange Plan 1 vs E1 for hybrid setup RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have a hybrid setup in our organisation and when ever we require an Exchange Services only for an account, we are assigning them E1 subscription. The account will only be used for email and rest of the features are unused. We were thinking about Exchange Online Plan 1 as by this we will reduce some cost and we will get the only service which we are looking for. 

Please let me know if we can use Exchange Online Plan 1 instead of Enterprise E1 for email services. If there are any drawbacks, please let me know that aswell.

Regards,

Syed

Syed

Monday, December 3, 2018 7:10 AM

Answers

All replies

• Yes, you can use Exchange Online Plan 1 licenses just fine. The drawbacks are that such users will not have access to any other functionalities - think OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams, etc.
    Monday, December 3, 2018 9:00 PM
  • Hi Syed,

Agree with Vasil.

In short, Office 365 Enterprise E1 includes Exchange Online Plan 1 and some other functionalities. To use Exchange online Plan 1 instead, you will loss these functionalities. 

Details about Office 365 plan options, see: Office 365 Plan Options

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, December 4, 2018 2:40 AM
  • Hi Syed,

I'm just writing to check how's everything going? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, December 10, 2018 7:19 AM