Troubles saving to local and network drives. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I work for a machine shop and we have a network system setup and we are also using. I have just started to setup a new computer for a co-worker and have been having issues with the network not letting me access certain drives and software that i need to access. But for right now I can't save anything to any drive even my local disk. I have tried changing security settings for the drive and have triple checked the admin credentials and nothing seems to be working.

You can email me at either: djbecker76@gmail.com

Friday, June 5, 2015 2:28 PM

Answers

• For the local drive, if you have made sure that the profile that cannot access that drive does indeed have permission, you can take ownership of it by following this tutorial

As far as network drives, have you logged on to the server that is hosting those drives and make sure that the drive and folders are shared with that profile?

Friday, June 5, 2015 2:38 PM
  • Hi Pegusis56,

Have you tried to take ownership of the local drive and again configure the permisssions to have a check?
    We can try to use the Icacls tool to check the permissions both of local drives and the network drive.
    Here is a link for reference of using Icacls
    Icacls
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753525.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

There is a possibility that the present account profiles has corrupted. We can login with another account or the built-in administrator account to have a check.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 8, 2015 7:26 AM

All replies

• For the local drive, if you have made sure that the profile that cannot access that drive does indeed have permission, you can take ownership of it by following this tutorial

As far as network drives, have you logged on to the server that is hosting those drives and make sure that the drive and folders are shared with that profile?

Friday, June 5, 2015 2:38 PM
  • Hi Pegusis56,

Have you tried to take ownership of the local drive and again configure the permisssions to have a check?
    We can try to use the Icacls tool to check the permissions both of local drives and the network drive.
    Here is a link for reference of using Icacls
    Icacls
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753525.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

There is a possibility that the present account profiles has corrupted. We can login with another account or the built-in administrator account to have a check.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 8, 2015 7:26 AM