none
Lync 2013 / Skype for Business avatar problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there,

we’ve experienced a quite strange problem. When setting own user picture in Exchange OWA 2013 the picture right away is visible in SfB (Skype for Business) and everything work. The problem when deleting this picture in OWA it never vanishes from SfB. Also when setting a new picture the new picture also shows in SfB BUT then deleting this picture again in OWA the very first picture comes back. I’ve tried to delete all kind of caches (Lync / Outlook / OAB) in Explorer and Registry already but it just does not help. I’m quite sure that this is a local problem because we I sign in to another client computer with the same account the empty user picture is showing (as it should). Is there any way to get rid of this somewhere cached picture? It’s obviously not a problem at the server side.

Thanks for help!

Cheers

Robert

• Edited by Robinion Thursday, April 30, 2015 11:28 AM
    Thursday, April 30, 2015 11:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The photo cache on Lync client side: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync \sip_<SIP URI>\ABS_<SIP URI>.cache, try to delete it and test again.

Please also try to repair Office and then have a test.

Best Regards,
    Eason Huang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, May 1, 2015 2:51 AM
  • Hello,

I've deleted the whole Folder %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync but it did not help. Only uploading a new Picture replaces the old one but when deleting the new Picture via OWA the old one comes back.

- Robert

Friday, May 1, 2015 8:18 AM
  • Please check if user have value on thumnailphoto attribute in AD.Try to delete this after deleting from owa.

Is the picture shown in High res in Lync (meeting,call)?

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Friday, May 1, 2015 2:08 PM
  • I’ve checked that AD thumbnail attribute is empty after deleting the picture from OWA. No problem there. As said the picture is not displaying on other devices with Skype /Lync installed. I think the only way to get rid of it is to delete the whole user profile.

-          Robert

Saturday, May 2, 2015 12:00 PM
  • Hello Robinion - did you ever find where the cache resides?  I have a mix of pictures in my environment that HAVE TO BE local caches, but blowing out the %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync folder does not clear them.  

Pretty please tell me that you figured this one out - I have users with bad pictures that are hounding me!

Tony

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 1:56 PM