How do I reuse a SharePoint 2007 explicit inclusion managed path to recreate a site I deleted? RRS feed

• Question

• I had created a new explicit inclusion managed path for a new site collection I was creating in SharePoint 2007.  It was a blank site I was going to restore to and overwrite.  I had problems with the restore and ended up with "Unexpected Errors" on the site after the restore, so I deleted the site and was going to recreate it.  When I tried to recreate the site I could see the managed path defined in Central Admin, but could not reuse it when I tried to create another site collection.  I tried deleting and recreating the managed path, but still could not reuse it.  Is there a way to recover an explicit inclusion managed path for a site that has been deleted??? 
    • Edited by nspmmn Thursday, April 19, 2012 8:47 PM
    Thursday, April 19, 2012 8:46 PM

All replies

• hi,

check ULS logs it will give you some brief description of this error.

did you delete the site collection from central admin? first delete the site collection and then managed path.

please let us know your result

Warm Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/ | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Friday, April 20, 2012 11:28 PM
  • Thanks for the response, Pratik.  I had already deleted the site collection (not from Central Admin which was a mistake), and deleted the managed path, but that didn't make it available again.  I finally tried completely removing the content database and then readding it back, and for whatever reason the explicit inclusion managed path reappeared.

XRXSA

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 12:07 PM