none
Repeating Replica Failure - ID 30187 RRS feed

• Question

• Target host being backed up - Hyper-V VM - Server 2012 R2 / SQL Server 2012
    Backup Server - Server 2016 / DPM 2016 UR2

I am having an issue backup up a target host's SQL databases, we have the backup as part of an protection group that backs up SQL databases on 30 servers where the other 29 will work just fine.  The error is as follows:

The replica of SQL Server 2012 database <TARGET SERVERNAME>\ReportServer on <TARGET SERVER FQDN> is inconsistent with the protected data source. All protection activities for data source will fail until the replica is synchronized with consistency check. You can recover data from existing recovery points, but new recovery points cannot be created until the replica is consistent. 

For SharePoint farm, recovery points will continue getting created with the databases that are consistent. To backup inconsistent databases, run a consistency check on the farm. (ID 3106)

Protection agent on <BACKUP SERVER FQDN> was unexpectedly shut down during synchronization. DPM may have replicated data partially for SQL Server 2012 database <TARGET SERVERNAME>\ReportServer. (ID 30187 Details: Internal error code: 0x809909D5)

I have looked up the error ID on the Technet wiki for DPM error codes (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/ff399290.aspx) however this error code does not have any suggested resolution methods.

If I perform a synchronization job with consistency check it will complete and the backup will be available.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 8:14 AM

All replies

• Hi.

We got the same Problem with multiple databases on different source Servers.

Any suggestions?

Best regards

Andreas

Thursday, June 22, 2017 8:45 PM
  • I also have this problem. Did you find a solution to this one?

Running the (currently) latest version of DPM 2016

Friday, August 25, 2017 6:35 AM
  • I'm having this issue as well.  DPM 2016 backing up SQL 2016.  It's only happening on one instance on a cluster where other backups are succeeding.  If I remove and then recreate the protection, it works during creation, but then fails on every synchronization and recovery point thereafter.  Running consistency check does not resolve.
    Wednesday, October 25, 2017 9:13 PM
  • Same issue, DPM 2016 (5.0.342.0) and Windows 2016 Server as client, both file system and SQL 2017 fail during backup with same error message

Any suggestions?

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 9:30 AM
  • Does DPM 2016 even support SQL 2017? I don't think so.
    Wednesday, December 27, 2017 2:25 PM
  • Hello, can you solve your problem? I have one same problem. I need to do consistency every time.

Mauricio de Liz

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 3:25 PM
  • Hi.

We had a similar problem. Reason was a corruption on the disk on the protected server, where the database files were stored. Try this:

Run "chkdsk <driveletter>" and check for errors in the output.
    Run "fsutil usn queryjournal <driveletter>" and check for errors in the output, for example "Error: The volume change journal is being deleted"

If there are errors, the change journal is corrupted. Run checkdsk in repair mode (/f) or copy the database files to a new drive. Both requires downtime and a good backup of the system or database! Eventual perform a manual backup of the DB with SQL Management Studio.

Best regards
    Andreas

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 10:01 PM
  • Same thing with DPM 2019 and running on Windows 2016 1607 against SQL Server 2016 on Windows Server 2016. The machine running the agent and database has a relative high disk load

Windows Defender disabled and CSC.exe and dpmra.exe as well as SQLServr.exe

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/system-center/data-protection-manager-2007/bb808691(v=technet.10)?redirectedfrom=MSDN

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/309422/choosing-antivirus-software-for-computers-that-run-sql-server

John

• Edited by John Doe Cal Thursday, December 26, 2019 9:37 PM
    Thursday, December 26, 2019 9:16 PM