none
DPM 2012 R2 is trying to back up SharePoint content database even though the content database no longer exist. RRS feed

• Question

• Database in question does not exist in SharePoint or MS SQL 2008. I've already removed and re-added entire SharePoint farm since I cannot exclude a database. The error still exist, ID: 30200. Replica path details still shows the content database in question.

Jobs fails with Recovery point failed error.

Setup:

DPM 2012 R2 latest patch is running on Windows 2008 R2..

SharePoint 2010 on Windows 2008 R2 servers.

SQL back-end is MS SQL 2008 SP2

Any tips appreciated.

Thanks.

• Edited by mmk1453 Monday, April 27, 2015 8:43 PM
    Monday, April 27, 2015 8:42 PM

Answers

• Shaon, I removed my additional comments after seeing the same errors today. I just didn't have additional storage space to stop and recreate the protection again. That's why I've decided to switch to another DPM server - for our own reasons as well. Other than on-line resources and MS academy,  I wish Microsoft had a regular 5-days online or in-class training for DPM. Recovery is such an important area, and back up is just another responsibility in addition to our regular tasks. We already have a plan to move SharePoint to MS Azure in addition to existing O365 in Azure. As you may know Azure (VM only) backup is in infancy stage, and I hope it will improve sooner than later and will become like Veeam B&R application. Will likely end up placing a call to Microsoft to get our specs and initial setups for DPM right from the start.

Regards,

Macit

• Marked as answer by mmk1453 Wednesday, August 19, 2015 3:47 PM
    Friday, May 1, 2015 9:59 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can test to stop protection of member and select Retain data on the wizard. Then recreate the protection group and see if it will be updated. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 7:50 AM
  • Shaon, I removed my additional comments after seeing the same errors today. I just didn't have additional storage space to stop and recreate the protection again. That's why I've decided to switch to another DPM server - for our own reasons as well. Other than on-line resources and MS academy,  I wish Microsoft had a regular 5-days online or in-class training for DPM. Recovery is such an important area, and back up is just another responsibility in addition to our regular tasks. We already have a plan to move SharePoint to MS Azure in addition to existing O365 in Azure. As you may know Azure (VM only) backup is in infancy stage, and I hope it will improve sooner than later and will become like Veeam B&R application. Will likely end up placing a call to Microsoft to get our specs and initial setups for DPM right from the start.

Regards,

Macit

• Marked as answer by mmk1453 Wednesday, August 19, 2015 3:47 PM
    Friday, May 1, 2015 9:59 PM