Raid 5 array dissapeared on Vista 32/Intel 975X mobo RRS feed

• Question

•  Hello,
    my problem is that my Raid 5 array has been dissappeared while I was installing an old disk back. Here's what happened:
    1. I had a system Disk which had two partitions and Vista Ultimate 32 installed on C: partition. Also I had a 3 disk RAID 5 array controlled by Silicon Image controller on my Intel 975XBX motherboard.
    2. System disk had gotten a strong trojan which could not cleaned by ESET. I have disconnected this drive and installed a brand new drive, installed OS and other softwares.
    3. I have re-connected my old disk with two partitions and re-scanned with ESET and cleaned the trojan. After this I have wanted to re-organize my drive letters for all my disks and DVD drives into a more sensible order.
    4. First, I moved my DVDs to letters W: and Y: in order to be able to assign letters D: and E: to my old system disk and RAID array respecively.
    5. RAID array was functioning just fine up to this point. I have re-booted my PC and my RAID array was missing from the Windows Explorer. I have checked the Disk Management/Storage and there it was, saying Healthy and Dynamic. But the drive letter was gone.
    6. I have re-booted and gone in to Silicon Image manager and there was no problem with the array itself.
    7.When done booting I re-checked the drive on Disk Management and the array was showing "Unallocated".

I suspect that this is something related with MBR or such.

How can I get my data back? Any help is appreciated...
    Sunday, December 28, 2008 10:07 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

It seems a hard disk recovery related issue. Generally, due to the complexity of this kind of issues and to avoid possible data losing risk, troubleshooting on this issue is beyond what we can do in the forum because of the nature of forum support. Therefore, I'd like to recommend that you contact some professional data recovery companies or Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS) for assistance so that this problem can be resolved efficiently. To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS

If you are outside the US please see http://support.microsoft.com/ for regional support phone numbers.

I hope the problem will be resolved soon. Thanks!

Nicholas Li - MSFT

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Wednesday, December 31, 2008 1:15 AM