none
How to change time in the date column in MPP 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have created few additional date columns. I can now see the time as well in these columns. I understand that the time is coming from the default start time & end time maintained in the options. I want to change the time in the date columns in one go. Any idea how to do it?

To elaborate, In my one of the date column, the time is varying. Sometimes it is 8 am, some times it is 10 am 7 so on.

So I want to select the whole column & make time as 8 am for all tasks. How to do this.

I am able to manually change the time for a particular task. But it would be cumbersome to do it manually for the whole column.

Kindly help.

Friday, June 9, 2017 9:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The best practice would be to set your configuration (project start date/time, working week start time, calendar...) in order to have the correct time without needing to do manual corrections.

That being said, you can always use the "find and replace" feature on the start/finish columns, find "10am" and replace it with "8am".

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Friday, June 9, 2017 10:23 AM
  • Zoheb_Momin,

In addition to Guillaume's suggestion you might want to use this approach.

Set the desired time in the first row of the custom date field. Then select all the remaining tasks for that field and use Fill Down. Of course this approach only works if you want all the dates and times to be identical. If you need different dates but the same time then Guillaume's method is best.

Hope this helps.

John

Set the time for the first task and then select all remaining tasks

Apply Fill Down

Friday, June 9, 2017 3:01 PM