Shared mailbox hidden custom attribute script for Exchange 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to get 3 fields from shared mailboxes that "Do not" have owners.

1. SMB/Shared mailbox name-Would be nice to get all of them in one script

2. Username-Maybe the same as the mailbox

3. The custom attribute 6 - this is filled with security ID

Is this possible without a user object in AD that is the owner?

charlesgiles@live.com

Charles B. Giles

Thursday, July 10, 2014 5:40 PM

All replies

• A mailbox must have a user object in AD that is the owner.  All AD attributes for a mailbox are actually applied to the user object since there is no mailbox object type in AD.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Friday, July 11, 2014 11:25 PM
  • A mailbox must have a user object in AD that is the owner.  All AD attributes for a mailbox are actually applied to the user object since there is no mailbox object type in AD.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

I find a script to get the custom6 attribute from AD. Now I need to get all the users from shared mailboxes with this custom6 (SID id for Users). I will then login into a tool on the target site that has the populated shared mailboxes and add their SID so they will have access to their new/common shared mailbox. Can this be done in 1 script? I am also using a older version on Quest and wondered if Quest or Any version of Quest may be able to do this. I am sure that if I knew an advanced PS I may be able to pull this off to a CVS file.

Charles B. Giles

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 5:53 PM