Exchange 2007 ISP Change RRS feed

• Question

• We switched to a new ISP yesterday, with that came a new set of IP addresses. Our IP scheme starts at .85 and goes to .90. We’ve configured our SonicWall so mail sits on .86, we have a DNS record, mail.company.com resolving to .86 and it works. If I log on to Exchange and go to IPChicken or some other “what is my ip” type site it shows Exchange on .86.  I contacted the ISP and had them set up a PTR record so rDNS works, I tested this thru mxToolbox and .86 is pointing back to mail.company.com.      

But, if I send an email to gmail and look at the header the receive header looks like this.

Received-SPF: neutral (google.com: 200.200.200.85 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of user@company.com) client-ip=200.200.200.85;

DNS appears to be configured correctly, the SonicWall seems to be configured correctly, the Barracuda seems to be configured correctl. We’re a small shop; we have SonicWall VPN on one IP, Mail on another IP and a Web Server on another IP.

At this point I’m not sure where to look, any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thursday, April 28, 2016 5:19 PM

Answers

• You need to log into whoever manages your external DNS and update your SPF record to include your new IP.

Practical help for Exchange & Office 365 - SuperTekBoy | Twitter | LinkedIn

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Friday, April 29, 2016 6:01 AM
    • Marked as answer by jim-xu Friday, May 6, 2016 2:48 AM
    Thursday, April 28, 2016 7:53 PM