none
ESP Program drive(esp\data) is consuming the same space as Index (FixML). RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have installed ESP on a windows server 2k8 the program installation is on C drive where as the index is installed on E drive. I have got some limited space in program drive aprox 200 GB. 

Data c:\esp\data
    Logs c:\esp\var
    Index e:\esp\data\data\data_index
    FiXML e:\esp\data\data\data_fixml
    Now the problem is when ever  i crawl the data it increases the size in Index folder as well as c:\esp\data folder, and this way every day this is growing by aprox 2 GB.  I am not sure why this is happening because while installation i have configured all the index on e drive. 
    Please suggest or the only solution i can think of is to reinstall the ESP on the higher capacity drive.
    S J Sudhakar
    Monday, June 13, 2011 2:21 PM

All replies

• Hi S J,

It sounds like you may have made some configuration changes after the installation.  What are your fixmlPath and indexDir entries set to in %FASTSEARCH%\etc\config_data\RTSearch\webcluster\rtsearchrc.xml?  Also, what is the indexpath set to in %FASTSEARCH%\etc\searchrc-1.xml?

Thanks,

Patrick

Patrick Schneider | Microsoft | Enterprise Search Group | Support Escalation Engineer | http://www.microsoft.com/enterprisesearch
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 8:22 AM