none
MS Project Online - Graphical Indicators Summary Rows RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, can someone please guide me as to how I would alter my formula below to exclude Summary Rows for my graphical indicators?

However, if someone knows how to fix the code below to have my Summary Rows show the correct graphical indicator that would be even better. As you can see below that my Summary Tasks are 100% complete but the Summary Rows are still showing Late (red) when they are not.

IIf([Current Date] < [Start], "Future Task", IIf([Current Date] > [Finish] And [% Work Complete] < 100, "Late", IIf([% Work Complete] = 100, "Done", IIf((DateValue([Current Date]) - DateValue([Start])) / (0.001 + (DateValue([Finish]) - DateValue([Start]))) > [% Work Complete] / 100 + 0.01, "In Progress", "On Track"))))

• Edited by triniman27 Monday, March 19, 2018 10:46 PM
    Monday, March 19, 2018 10:41 PM

Answers

• Hmm, I put your formula in my MSProject and it worked fine.  I haven't tried it in PWA, sometimes there are inconsistencies between MSProject and PWA calculations.  Can you try the formula in MS Project check that the indicators are working as planned and then publish and check in PWA. 

However, what might be easier is per your original question, not to display at summary level. You could try the 1st iif statement as iif([summary] = "No", "your existing formula")

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

• Marked as answer by triniman27 Tuesday, March 20, 2018 6:08 PM
    Tuesday, March 20, 2018 4:09 PM
  • Hello, yes it did work in MS Project but not in PWA for some reason. However, I found a better solution and followed this link and it worked fine. Thanks for your help!

http://blog.practicingitpm.com/2013/08/25/improved-calculated-status-indicator-ms-project/

• Edited by triniman27 Tuesday, March 20, 2018 6:08 PM
    Tuesday, March 20, 2018 6:08 PM

All replies

• Are you using the formula at the summary level, or rolling it up?  Also, you are displaying % complete in the graphic, but you are using % work complete in the formula (though of course it has nil impact on the outcome, but you might want to check % work complete for the summary tasks.

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 8:39 AM
  • Hi,

In the custom field definition, if you scroll down, you should see a section called "Calculation for task and group summary rows". What have you set for the summary rows? In your case, since it is a text field, you have no choice but to use the formula (see note below), so the same calculation will be used for task and summary tasks.

Note: Outline code and text fields do not roll up. Also, the Use formula option is only available if you have defined a formula for the field, under Custom Attributes.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 8:42 AM
  • Hello Ben, my Calculation for Summary Rows = "None". I also changed the formula to % Complete but the results are the same. However, you are correct that it should have said % complete instead of % work complete.

IIf([Current Date] < [Start], "Future Task", IIf([Current Date] > [Finish] And [% Complete] < 100, "Late", IIf([% Complete] = 100, "Done", IIf((DateValue([Current Date]) - DateValue([Start])) / (0.001 + (DateValue([Finish]) - DateValue([Start]))) > [% Complete] / 100 + 0.01, "In Progress", "On Track"))))

• Edited by triniman27 Tuesday, March 20, 2018 3:18 PM
    Tuesday, March 20, 2018 3:18 PM
  • Hello Guillaume, I now have it set to Use Formula but the results are the same.

IIf([Current Date] < [Start], "Future Task", IIf([Current Date] > [Finish] And [% Complete] < 100, "Late", IIf([% Complete] = 100, "Done", IIf((DateValue([Current Date]) - DateValue([Start])) / (0.001 + (DateValue([Finish]) - DateValue([Start]))) > [% Complete] / 100 + 0.01, "In Progress", "On Track"))))

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 3:24 PM
  • And does it work or not...?

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 3:30 PM
  • <g class="gr_ gr_11 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="11" id="11">No</g> it does not work. It returns the same as the original post.
    Tuesday, March 20, 2018 3:31 PM
  • Hmm, I put your formula in my MSProject and it worked fine.  I haven't tried it in PWA, sometimes there are inconsistencies between MSProject and PWA calculations.  Can you try the formula in MS Project check that the indicators are working as planned and then publish and check in PWA. 

However, what might be easier is per your original question, not to display at summary level. You could try the 1st iif statement as iif([summary] = "No", "your existing formula")

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 4:09 PM
  • Hello, yes it did work in MS Project but not in PWA for some reason. However, I found a better solution and followed this link and it worked fine. Thanks for your help!

http://blog.practicingitpm.com/2013/08/25/improved-calculated-status-indicator-ms-project/

• Edited by triniman27 Tuesday, March 20, 2018 6:08 PM
    Tuesday, March 20, 2018 6:08 PM