User name or domain is incorrect - 2 way trust between domains RRS feed

• Question

• I am installing FAST search for SharePoint 2010. The server is in domain A. The service account with which I am running the configuration wizard is in domain B. There is a 2 way trust between Domain A and Domain B.

At step 2 the FASt configuration wizard asks for the User name and Password....

If I provide the credentials of the service account in Domain A it works. But If I provide the credentials of the service account in Domain B, I get the error message "User name or domina is incorrect".

I am using the format domain.local\Service_account which works for FAST configuration wizard.

My question is: Is FAST Search Server for SharePoint 2010 not trust aware between domains? In other words can it not detect an account on a domin other than the one the server is onto?

Monday, August 29, 2011 7:15 PM

All replies

• I was able to workaround the issue by installing the FAST Search server for SharePoint 2010 Service Pack 1.

Steps to avoid the issue...

1>Install Fast Search Server for 2010.

2>Install the FAST Service Pack 1.

3>Then run the FAST configuration wizard. The "user name or domian name is incorrect" issue will not come.

Friday, September 9, 2011 8:06 PM