none
Project Profesional 2013 don't open projects created with Projtool or PSI RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all, maybe someone can help us.

We have a Project Server 2013 customized installation for one of our customers.

in this customization, major part of projects are created using PSI.

the projects are created without any error, accesing through Project web Access we can see the Project, but if we try to open using Project Profesinal, it doesn't through any error, but it doesn't open it.

The same error happens if we use Projtool.

In 2010 Project versión it is not happening.

Can anyone help us.? I'll be very grateful. Best regards

Thursday, January 14, 2016 12:16 PM

All replies

• You say it doesn't work for Project 2010. Try using Project Pro 2013 to open a Project Server 2013 project. Ideally server and Pro have the same level of updates, preferably the latest.

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Friday, January 15, 2016 12:53 AM
  • Dear Rod.

It is a migrated installation from 2007 --> 2010 --> 2013. and we create the Projects in 2013 using PSI interface.

We can see those projects in PWA, but when we try to open projects in Project Profesional 2013, if the project has was created using PSI or Projtool it cannot be opened. if it is a migrated Project it is opened.

but in a new installation of Project server 2013, without migration, Projtool and also our program to créate projects that uses PSI is working fine, Project Professional 2013 is opening all the projects.

we have checked this in 2 installations with migration and 2 without migration, always installation with migration is not opening projects created with PSI or Projtool.

So our conclusion is that migration make some updates in Project server 2013 database that corrupts any configuration, but we don't know what to check. We have made all the steps of migration, and also we have applied last updates in Project server and in Project profesional, but still happens.

We don't know what to to, today was the day to migrate the customer, after some many time and tests, but we cannot go ahead with this problem.

Any Idea is wellcome.

Best

Friday, January 15, 2016 7:33 AM
  • Hello,

Can you open those projects in PWA to edit from the proect center? Try opening one and editing it in PWA then save and publish it. Once completed then try that project in Project Pro 2013.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Friday, January 15, 2016 9:33 AM
  • I can open those projects in PWA, I can publish them but when I try to open in Project Profesional 2013 if don't open it, and it don't throws any error.

also I can create a new Project from PWA, but I  can't open it from proj prof 2013

Thanks

Friday, January 15, 2016 12:51 PM
  • I would suggest try opening your project professional from your machine and navigate to projects from project list.See if you are able to open the project from there. 

Regards,

Faizan.

Regards, Syed Faizan ur Rehman, CBPM®,PRINCE2®, MCTS

Sunday, January 17, 2016 4:57 AM