Volume Mixer RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi, I'm pretty thrilled with the current audio implementation in Windows Vista but I am also a bit estranged at the fact that to change any levels for different interfaces ie, multi-output interfaces I must go to a drop down box.

Could the developers consider having a more "analog" design here please?

Thank you
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 10:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft TechNet Forum.

As I know ,the Volume Mixer provides a feature to set different levels of different interfaces. To obtain this, please visit the following steps.

1.     Double click the Volume Mixer icon, then click Mixer.

2.     Then you can separately set different levels of volume under different applications.

3.     Now you can switch between applications without going to the drop down box each time.

Meanwhile, if it doesn’t meet your requirement, please share your opinion in Microsoft Product Information Center.

https://order.microsoft.upgrade.com/scripts/cust_assist/assistance.asp

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Friday, May 29, 2009 10:18 AM
  • Hi Dale,

I'd be happy to share my experiences with the feedback team, however it's saying "invalid certificate".

https://order.microsoft.upgrade.com/scripts/cust_assist/assistance.asp

Also, is it the same in Windows 7, or has it changed.

Thank you
    Friday, May 29, 2009 12:23 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your cooperation.

Since the above link isn't valid, you can also share your experience through Microsoft Feedback Center.

Meanwhile, based on my test on Windows 7, Volume Mixer in Windows 7 is almost the same as it is in Windows Vista. 

Hope this helps. Thanks. 
    Monday, June 1, 2009 1:51 AM
  • Thanks for the response.

I use professional audio applications and hardware, and although often they have their own "volume mixer's" I'd very much appreciate it if Windows Vista or Windows 7 even offered the same functionality, ie without it being convoluted and unintuitive as it currently is.

The whole audio situation although much improved over previous versions of windows leaves a great deal to be desired, not only the convoluted method required in order to access outputs of the same interface, ie stereo grouping, but also how you change the default sound device regardless.

Can't there at least be an option to do this in the volume mixer, eg a menu entry to open the Sound Applet of the control panel without having to go to the control panel itself.

It would seem that Windows generally has a problem with context that being the only thing providing any are help files.

Hoping someone understands.

Thank you

P.S. What about support in my country of origin, is there anything specific to audio where I might get some "answers"?
    Monday, June 8, 2009 9:27 AM