none
Room Mailbox Calendar Working Hours RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My customer running Exchange 2013, has many room resource mailboxes on different time zones. I have been asked to set the right time zone per room mailbox according to the right time zone. I have done it successfully using the PS cmdlet Set-MailboxCalendarConfiguration -Identity xx -WorkingHoursTimeZone "zz", however when we access their (room mailbox) shared calendar, the calendar working hours shows correctly only in OWA, not in Outlook (shows all Grey).

The output of “Get-MailboxCalendarConfiguration” WorkingHoursStartTime & WorkingHoursEndTime are correct for all the room mailboxes.

This working hours issue consistent in Outlook cashed and none-cashed mode. Again, when you access the shared calendar from the user’s OWA, it shows the working hours correctly.

According to MS technet: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd335075%28v=exchg.160%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396 , it says that to use the cmdlet Set-MailboxCalendarConfiguration to modify mailbox calendar settings for Outlook on the web. So, is there another command to modify it for Outlook.

Please advise. 

• Edited by E-Expert Thursday, June 2, 2016 11:06 PM
    Thursday, June 2, 2016 11:02 PM

All replies

• Is the OWA client you're using configured for the correct time zone?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Friday, June 3, 2016 12:45 AM
  • Yes. The room mailbox calendar are shared, and I can view them from my OWA when I login as a user. 
    Friday, June 3, 2016 1:11 AM
  • No one can assist from Microsoft?
    Wednesday, June 8, 2016 7:36 PM
  • Hello, 

we are having the same exact issue with Office365. It all started after changing the Work Hours using the Set-MailboxCalendarConfiguration cmdlet.  From OWA and using the scheduling assistant to book meeting the work hours are shown correctly, but not in the normal calendar display in Outlook. 

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

Thursday, August 4, 2016 11:44 AM
  • Someone can certainly assist if you open an incident with Microsoft Support.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Monday, August 8, 2016 4:28 AM
  • Thanks Ed, but since this is a known issue, or at least it looks like it, I was expecting someone from MS to provide the solution on this page.
    Saturday, August 13, 2016 4:09 AM
  • I don't know how you got those expectations set, but the bulk of the people who work these forums are volunteers and not Microsoft support people.

Saturday, August 13, 2016 4:47 AM