none
RBS for some of for all? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, RBS is not set up for one of my clients but I would like to help them introduce it. Does the RBS "go live" for all users as soon as the RBS value list is populated or only on a user by user basis as they get assigned a value in the RBS? Basically I want to test on just a few users first before rolling out.

thanks

Steve

Friday, March 13, 2015 3:19 PM

Answers

• I'd say that users with no RBS should be able to see ALL data, but I'm not sure of that, it should be tested. Anyway, I'd start first by populating the RBS lookup table, create a test group and category, configure the RBS in the category and finally enter a RBS value for the test users.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

• Marked as answer by Stev Scott42 Friday, March 13, 2015 4:47 PM
    Friday, March 13, 2015 4:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Steve,

The RBS is applied to the categories. Thus as soon as you configure the RBS within a category, it will be applied to the associated security groups and by consequence to the users belonging to the group.

What you can do is to replicate a category and the associated group, assign only a few test users to the group in question and configure the RBS on this category.

Hope this helps,

Friday, March 13, 2015 3:32 PM
  • Hi yes that makes sense, so if used on the live categories and users without a RBS value they would not be able to see any data?

Steve

Friday, March 13, 2015 3:53 PM
  • I'd say that users with no RBS should be able to see ALL data, but I'm not sure of that, it should be tested. Anyway, I'd start first by populating the RBS lookup table, create a test group and category, configure the RBS in the category and finally enter a RBS value for the test users.

Hope this helps,

• Marked as answer by Stev Scott42 Friday, March 13, 2015 4:47 PM
    Friday, March 13, 2015 4:00 PM
  • thanks once more Guillaume

cheers

Steve

Friday, March 13, 2015 4:47 PM
  • One note, if you are using AD Sync to populate the Resource Pool, set a default value for RBS of "Not Set". This prevents a new user from accidentally seeing everything. They won't see anything until you update their RBS.

Treb Gatte, Project MVP | Blog | Twitter | YouTube Channel

Monday, March 16, 2015 8:24 AM