Wallpaper via Group Policy Bug RRS feed

• Question

• My organization has recently deployed Windows 7 Professional (RTM, VLK) to our two computer labs. Users who log onto these machines get a wallpaper that has my organizations name and logo, deployed via group policy. After the upgrade to Win7 Pro, the wallpaper does not apply correctly. I began troubleshooting whether this was a result of conflicting policies, but even after making a new user, and placing him in a test OU with only the wallpaper GPO applied, this still happens.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 7:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

The option works fine on my computer. Could you please export your computer gpresult to check if it is applied to the current computer?

In additon, Could you please set "Enable Active Desktop" as "Not configure" to test the issue?

Thanks.
    Friday, August 28, 2009 6:31 AM
  • Based on our internal test, we confirm it as a bug. My colleague has replied your other thread:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverGP/thread/a1ebfe81-421e-4630-8c1f-8068222ee533

Thanks.
    • Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Thursday, September 3, 2009 1:32 AM
    Monday, August 31, 2009 10:07 AM
  • I had the same problem and what I did was to complement the GPO placing in the User Logon a bat in the registry that loads a. Reg file that contains the key:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Control Panel \ Desktop]
    "Wallpaper" = "% windir% \ \ system32 \ \ wallpaper.jpg"

and finally it displays the wallpaper. This I found in a note that says microsoft is that key which is not in windows 7.

Friday, September 10, 2010 2:50 PM