Windows Previews on Taskbar (and Desktop Preview) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Liking the general look and feel so far but for one thing; hovering the mouse pointer over an application in the taskbar is supposed to show a window preview, right? Well, all I see is a black box - no preview. The desktop preview (far right of taskbar) does not work at all.

Is this something I can mend myself somehow?

Running on Acer Aspire 9300 (Nvidia GeForce 6100 graphics).

cheers

P
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 11:18 AM

Answers

• Well, thanks for the replies... It's working now :)

I swear to you - I did not change the theme; it just started working :S

cheers

• Marked as answer by Alex T Jr Sunday, January 18, 2009 3:32 AM
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 6:31 PM

All replies

• The Live Thumbnails only work with Aero. You are, apparently, running in one of the basic themes.
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 6:05 PM
  • I seem to remember an early review saying that when you hover over a taskbar icon, all other main windows go transparent, and only that window remains showing on the desktop.  A bit like when you hover over the desktop area of the taskbar, all windows go transparent and show the desktop through - only in this case it shows just the one window whose taskbar icon you are hovering over.

However all I get when I hover an icon is a small live preview.  Wouldn't the above be a better way?  Especially if I didn't really remember it and actually just invented it!  (Email me for the address to post the cheque to Microsoft :) )
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 6:20 PM
  • Well, thanks for the replies... It's working now :)

I swear to you - I did not change the theme; it just started working :S

cheers

• Marked as answer by Alex T Jr Sunday, January 18, 2009 3:32 AM
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 6:31 PM