Program Compatability with W7 RRS feed

• Question

• We have been having a ton of trouble suddenly with W7RC over the past week ranging from computer freezes, to driver crashes, to a system crash.
    Three quick questions.
    1. Is Empire Total War compatible with W7RC (have already tried comp. mode)?
    2. Is Crysis compatible with W7RC (have already tried comp. mode)?
    3. Are there known compatibility issues between W7RC and ATI Radeon 4890 GPU?
    Sunday, August 23, 2009 10:21 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately yes. After looking at the forums here, at sega, and on ati it seems as if the issue is something that likely will go unsolved until updates and patches are made available from MS, ATI, and Sega. I am hoping that this is merely a a matter of coding and will hopefully be corrected by the time W7 is formally released for mass consumer consumption. Thanks for your help!
    • Proposed as answer by Lex LiMVP Tuesday, August 25, 2009 5:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Tuesday, August 25, 2009 6:01 AM
    Monday, August 24, 2009 2:01 AM

All replies

• Check ATI's site for issues (if any) with your graphics card.

Have you tried the latest drivers for all of your hardware?

I do not play the games you listed (and if I did, I would play them in XP, which runs games a lot faster and better) so I couldn't tell you if they work or not.

Hello! Please reply back, promptly if possible with the results to solutions to your problem!

Curious about Win7 min. system requirements?
    Readme for older ATI graphics cards or Intel onboard graphics and Windows 7 users
    Windows 7 tips
    - JoelbX
    Monday, August 24, 2009 12:30 AM
  • Unfortunately yes. After looking at the forums here, at sega, and on ati it seems as if the issue is something that likely will go unsolved until updates and patches are made available from MS, ATI, and Sega. I am hoping that this is merely a a matter of coding and will hopefully be corrected by the time W7 is formally released for mass consumer consumption. Thanks for your help!
    • Proposed as answer by Lex LiMVP Tuesday, August 25, 2009 5:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Tuesday, August 25, 2009 6:01 AM
    Monday, August 24, 2009 2:01 AM