New S4B client updates are not applied. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have Update for Skype for Business 2016 (KB3128049) 64-Bit Edition installed in my system (Win 10 Pro x64, OS Version:                10.0.14393 N/A Build 14393).

But when I open Help -> About Skype for business, I see old version (S4B 2016 MSO, 16.0.4456.1003, 64-bit)

It seems that January update was not applied and I still use November version of S4B. The same situation with other colleagues.

Updates are enrolled by SCCM. S4B servers - on-premises

Friday, January 20, 2017 10:48 AM

All replies

• Hi SRK,

You could let the PC which is installed SFB client connect to Interner directly, then check if you could install the update to the latest,

Owning to install update from SCCM, we suggest you post this case to SCCM forum by the following link, thanks for your understanding and support:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/home?category=systemcenter2012configurationmanager&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Edited by jim-xu Monday, January 23, 2017 7:22 AM
    Monday, January 23, 2017 7:21 AM
  • Thanks for your reply. I will try to check updates directly from Microsoft. 

I not sure that SCCM forum will help me with this issue. Update KB3128049 is enrolled successfully.

But why S4B version remains 16.0.4456.1003?

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 11:03 AM
  • Hi SRK,

Because you install update from SCCM, we suggest you post SCCM to check if they could get any helps.

From a test, we suggest you uninstall this update which is downloaded from SCCM, and download it from Internet directly, then install update manually, restart PC to have a test.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Edited by jim-xu Monday, February 6, 2017 1:57 AM
    • Proposed as answer by jim-xu Tuesday, February 7, 2017 8:22 AM
    Saturday, February 4, 2017 7:52 AM