Send Email to the User's Manager on User Creation in FIM Portal RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In my FIM Environment, the User's are Created in FIM and then in AD, using the CSV File. The requirement is that when the User is created in FIM Portal an Email should be sent to the User's Manager.

The User's Manager exists in FIM Portal and also possess valid e-mail ID. I configured the Workflow with Notification activity, and in the "To" List i.e. the User's to whom the Notification needs to be sent I have used [\\Target\Manager] Attribute, along with other two Users email id's (for e.g. Test.user1@example.com, Test.user2@example.com)

The Notification email goes to the static/constant email ID's , but it doesnt go to the User's Manager i.e. [\\Target\Manager], I am using the Internet Explorer -- 64 bit .. i.e. Opened the FIM Portal in 64 Bit IE and did the above configuration.

Am i missing something, whilst setting the variable [\\Target\Manager]?, or is there any other method/option to achieve it.

I have also referred the below thread which is of similar Issue.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-us/ilm2/thread/A8393104-C361-4F30-A728-1FEF5F1162F6

Thanks in Advance ,

Regards,

Kaushik

Thursday, February 23, 2012 7:51 AM

Answers

• make sure the manager for that new user has been set and he (the manager) has an email; in FIM Service make sure the email attribute is filled on existing users

burn baby burn ... Idm Inferno

• Edited by Amer Almotlaq Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kaushik B Friday, April 27, 2012 3:16 AM
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:20 AM
  • Hi There,

I see in your email you noted that you've created a workflow and the notification email but I'm not seeing any information on the MPR itself? For this, it would appear you would simply need a set transition in MPR which would send the email when a user object falls into a set of "all users" to trigger the workflow and send the notification.

Thanks

B

http://identityminded.wordpress.com

Thursday, February 23, 2012 3:08 PM

All replies

• make sure the manager for that new user has been set and he (the manager) has an email; in FIM Service make sure the email attribute is filled on existing users

burn baby burn ... Idm Inferno

• Edited by Amer Almotlaq Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:22 AM
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:20 AM
  • Hi There,

I see in your email you noted that you've created a workflow and the notification email but I'm not seeing any information on the MPR itself? For this, it would appear you would simply need a set transition in MPR which would send the email when a user object falls into a set of "all users" to trigger the workflow and send the notification.

Thanks

B

http://identityminded.wordpress.com

Thursday, February 23, 2012 3:08 PM