FCS deployment package 1.0.1728.0 - Problems Updating 1.0.1710.103 Client RRS feed

• Question

• I'm testing the deployment of the October 2010 1.0.1728.0 package onto a Windows 7 x64 machine with FCS the 1.0.1710.103 client. (I'm guessing this is the version from checking the bpacommon.dll file version)

I've deployed the update with ConfigMgr / WSUS and it shows as being installedl however the version of bpacommon.dll is still 1.0.1710.103. I checked the FCS log files in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Forefron\Client Security\Client\Logs and there's no activity in Clientsetup.log. I would've thought something would show up here.

This may be more of a ConfigMgr issue than a Forefront issue, that I realize, I can pose this issue to the SCCM folks. I wonder if anyone has been able to deploy this update via ConfigMgr using Software Updates.

Orange County District Attorney
    Monday, October 18, 2010 8:26 PM

Answers

• Hi Sandy,

Thanks for the post.

Please check if we have followed the steps mentioned in the following article:

Deploying FCS definition updates with a shared System Center Configuration Manager WSUS infrastructure

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd185652.aspx

Thanks,

Miles

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miles Zhang Friday, October 22, 2010 7:41 AM
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 7:35 AM

All replies

• Hi Sandy,

Thanks for the post.

Please check if we have followed the steps mentioned in the following article:

Deploying FCS definition updates with a shared System Center Configuration Manager WSUS infrastructure

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd185652.aspx

Thanks,

Miles

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miles Zhang Friday, October 22, 2010 7:41 AM
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 7:35 AM
  • Hello Miles,

Yes, we've been following those steps. We've had our SCCM infrastructure deploying FCS def updates for over 2 years now. I saw the update in our SCCM Software Updates section and deployed it to a test machine. The deployment, within SCCM context, appeared to go successfully. All logs showed success however as I mentioned, a check of the test machine showed no update. The old .dll files were still there. I'd love to manually deploy it to see what is happening but the update is only available / deployable in SCCM / WSUS from what I can see.

Orange County District Attorney
    Friday, October 22, 2010 2:12 PM
  • Hi Sandy,

We realized that to install this update you need task scheduler service enabled on test machine. Is is enable?

Regards,

LF

Friday, October 22, 2010 8:16 PM