Service Manager SP1 2012 Event Errors and Run As Account problems RRS feed

• Question

• I believe the two are related based on prior web serches on both problems.  I have edited out Computer name and Domain name.

Additionally I can add and remove the credentials that I supplied during install on the two Run As accounts, Workflow and Operational Database accounts but cannot change them to any other known, good domain AD accounts.

I am getting a ton of erros in the Operations Manager event log:

Log Name:      Operations Manager
    Source:        HealthService
    Date:          3/11/2013 9:18:07 AM
    Event ID:      7002
    Task Category: Health Service
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer: Computer name     Description:
    The Health Service could not log on the RunAs account [domain\user] for management group SM1 because it has not been granted the "Allow log on locally" right.

Date:          3/11/2013 9:18:07 AM
    Event ID:      7015
    Computer:      Computer name  Description:
    The Health Service cannot verify the future validity of the RunAs account Domain\user for management group SM1.  The error is Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer.(1385L).

Date:          3/11/2013 9:17:05 AM
    Event ID:      1102
    Computer:      Computer name
    Description:
    Rule/Monitor "ServiceManager.ReleaseManagement.NewReleaseRecordRule" running for instance "Release Record Workflow Target" with id:"{1DBC28E4-0734-4CD0-8429-B53C7B0E6B82}" cannot be initialized and will not be loaded. Management group "SM1"

A lot of 1102 Errors as well:

Monday, March 11, 2013 1:55 PM

Answers

• Are you the AD accounts you're trying to use members of the local administrators? They will need log on locally permissions which as defaults are granted to members of the local administrators. You then should be able to start the various system center services in the context of the AD account you specify.

These accounts will need local admin rights anyway to perform their function in SCSM.

• Marked as answer by Herb Winhoven Wednesday, March 20, 2013 2:42 PM
    Wednesday, March 20, 2013 2:34 PM

All replies

• Are you the AD accounts you're trying to use members of the local administrators? They will need log on locally permissions which as defaults are granted to members of the local administrators. You then should be able to start the various system center services in the context of the AD account you specify.

These accounts will need local admin rights anyway to perform their function in SCSM.

• Marked as answer by Herb Winhoven Wednesday, March 20, 2013 2:42 PM
    Wednesday, March 20, 2013 2:34 PM
  • Hi Tom,

You are correct but the problem wound up being a corrupt install ISO.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 2:41 PM
  • Oh dear! Never fun.

Glad you got it sorted though!

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 2:43 PM