I want to modify the ACL on the installation dir of a stream on the Q-drive of an allready installed stream for troubleshooting purposes RRS feed

• Question

• The problem is that when I want to modify the acl on the Q-drive of the stream that is installed on the machine , I have to do this with administrative credentials and these new acl settings are not saved for the regular user account for which i want to modify the permissions, because modifications to the Q-drive are saved with the personal settings of the user.
    Saturday, July 23, 2011 9:13 AM

Answers

• Hello,

You can always temporarily make the user you want to use for troubleshooting elevated with the proper permissions and then revert those back...

This would ensure that you have Enforce security descriptors set to ON - otherwise all users would have full permissions

/Znack
    Saturday, July 23, 2011 10:09 AM

All replies

• Hello,

You can always temporarily make the user you want to use for troubleshooting elevated with the proper permissions and then revert those back...

This would ensure that you have Enforce security descriptors set to ON - otherwise all users would have full permissions

/Znack
    Saturday, July 23, 2011 10:09 AM
  • Thats a good suggestion.
    The only thing I should take into account is that when I make a user local admin on a server, they will not get there redirection of the %appdata% location .  I will have to redirect manually before modifying settings to the stream so personalisations are saved to the correct location.
    Saturday, July 23, 2011 4:10 PM