Exchange 2007 Room mailbox decline message timezone RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I work in a corporate in Jordan, and our government decided to change the time zone from GMT+2 to GMT+3, all servers were manually modified to the corresponding timezone, users were done via GPO...everything is working fine, except for decline messages from resource mailboxes

These messages are still sent in GMT+2, so far i've tried the below;

- Checked the room via OWA, calendar is set correctly

- Checked the room via outlook, calendar is set correctly

- as suggested online, i've tried changing the type of the object from room to regular then back to room, it didn't solve my problem

New room mailboxes created after the timezone change do not have this problem, i believe there should be a solution other than recreating all these mailboxes (there's too many).

Appreciate your help.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 7:36 AM

Answers

• Which way did you change the settings for the time zone on the mailbox?  Did you set the Regional Settings in OWA or the Calendar Time Zone setting in Outlook? or both?

JAUCG - Please remeber to mark replies as helpful if they were.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 2:43 PM
  • Which way did you change the settings for the time zone on the mailbox?  Did you set the Regional Settings in OWA or the Calendar Time Zone setting in Outlook? or both?

You have to empty the deleted items folder for this to work

Weird, but glad it worked!  Thanks.

Monday, December 24, 2012 6:24 AM

All replies

• Have you run this command to verify the time zone for the mailboxes in question?

Get-MailboxRegionalConfiguration -Identity <conference room>

Does the time zone show correctly?

JAUCG

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 8:31 PM
  • This command is for Exchange 2010, we still have Exchange 2007
    Wednesday, December 5, 2012 5:11 AM
  • Unfortunately its not, but thanks anyway...
    Wednesday, December 5, 2012 7:46 AM
  • You can give your administrator full access permission on resource mailbox, then login resource mailbox to change the time zone.

Thanks,

Evan

Evan Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 9:47 AM
  • Evan,

I've tried that and the timezone is correct, the calendar is showing the right times, its only the notifications sent from the resource that are wrong.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 10:41 AM

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 2:43 PM
  • I have changed it on both, the resource calendar shows correctly (GMT+3) but the notification emails are sent in GMT+2 ( which is our old timezone)
    Wednesday, December 5, 2012 5:33 PM
  • Hello Abdallah,

If you have change the time zone in OWA, you should not use the old timezone.

After you change the timezone,what is timezone is used when you create item in resource calendar?

Thanks,

Evan

Evan Liu

Saturday, December 8, 2012 10:06 AM
  • Hello Evan,

I'm not using the old time zone anywhere, the calendar is showing correctly on all resource objects, the only issue is that the decline notification the resource object sends when there's a conflict, that notification is sent with the wrong time, cause its still sent using the old time zone

Saturday, December 8, 2012 11:17 AM
  • Anyone?
    Monday, December 10, 2012 11:11 AM
  • Have you tried to delete a room and recreate it to see if that works?

JAUCG - Please remeber to mark replies as helpful if they were or as answered if I provided a solution.

Thursday, December 13, 2012 8:30 PM
  • Yes Jaugg, as stated in the topic description, new rooms do not have this problem.

The problem is that i cannot delete all these and recreate them, because each one has already been booked numerous times, and all that would be lost., can i copy the calendar to another meeting room?

Thursday, December 13, 2012 9:01 PM
  • Yes, you can copy the calendar to another meeting room.

You can use command or Outlook to export that resource room calendar, then import to a new meeting room.

Thanks,

Evan

Evan Liu

Sunday, December 16, 2012 2:17 PM

You have to empty the deleted items folder for this to work

Weird, but glad it worked!  Thanks.

Monday, December 24, 2012 6:24 AM