none
Network storage RRS feed

• Question

• My computer has lost visible access to all network computers and storage drives. All settings under network and sharing have been correctly set and trouble shooter can find no problems. I have encountered this problem before on other computers connected to my network and after hours of fruitless troubleshooting given up and resorted to rewriting the OS. Fortunately I had mapped the storage drives on this computer and the shortcuts still exist in file explorer. However any new drives added to network storage would not be accessible. The only changes that have been made to the computer configuration are Windows Updates.

It is interesting to note that the original OS install was done with a Win 10 Media Creation tool downloaded from Microsoft. This tool contained an earlier version of Win 10.  I had recently downloaded a more current version of the install files and noticed that I was unable to access network computers or storage after install, much like I am experiencing now. After reinstalling Windows with the older version the problem didn’t exist. Is it possible that updates to the current version of Windows are responsible for this change in my configuration? If so what can I do to correct the problem?

Saturday, October 31, 2020 10:47 PM

All replies