Restrict upgrade by OS? RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to restrict an update by client OS version? My goal is to approve the Windows 10 version 1511 but I only want it deployed to Windows 10 machines - not Windows 7. I'm hoping there's an alternative to completely re-working my OUs and WSUS groups.
    Saturday, January 9, 2016 3:33 AM

Answers

• Hi GavenBP,

According to your description, you only want win 10 to install the updates.

We could do it in this way:

Group all win10 computers in a specific group by Operate System, then approve the update only for the specific group.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 11, 2016 7:54 AM

All replies

• At the WSUS end of things, I think only not-approve (by group structure/targeting).

At the client-end, this article offers some registry settings, which *maybe* helpful?

How to manage Windows 10 notification and upgrade options
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3080351

Don [doesn't work for MSFT, and they're probably glad about that ;]

Saturday, January 9, 2016 5:33 AM
  • Hi GavenBP,

According to your description, you only want win 10 to install the updates.

We could do it in this way:

Group all win10 computers in a specific group by Operate System, then approve the update only for the specific group.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 11, 2016 7:54 AM