Windows Service Monitor created via "Add Monitoring Wizard" not appearing as "sources" RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've created several Windows Service Monitors using the "Add Monitoring Wizard" tool. I'd like to enable notifications for these monitors, so I go to Administration > Subscriptions > New Subscription. I fill out the description name and then go about modifying the conditions. I check the box for "created by a specific rule or monitor (eg sources)," and then try and find the monitors by name. The problem is, I only find one of the monitors that I created and the rest are missing. They were all added using the same method, so I'm not sure why one is there and the rest are not.

I setup notifications for the various built-in Exchange service monitors and found all of them. Did I do something wrong when creating my custom Windows Service Monitors?

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 5:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please check if all the monitors are working and it will generate alerts if the service fails to work.

Meanwhile, please create another service monitor with the wizard and see how it works.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Thursday, August 30, 2012 8:08 AM
    Wednesday, August 15, 2012 9:55 AM