FCS deployment issue on non domain PCs. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I deployed forefront client security policy(using fcslocalpolicytool /f) to PCs on my network running Windows XP sp3. The policy applied just fine on the pc but after I restarted the pc, The policy disappeared. I ran regedit and all the reg keys for Microsoft ForeFront within HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\ are gone.

Monday, August 30, 2010 2:44 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for the post.

Please check if you have performed the steps provided in the following article:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb404232.aspx

In this case, as these PCs are non domain cliens, they will not apply for GPOs when booting up.

Thanks,

Miles

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Miles Zhang Thursday, September 2, 2010 7:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nick Gu - MSFT Friday, September 3, 2010 1:24 AM
    Wednesday, September 1, 2010 9:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for the post.

Please check if you have performed the steps provided in the following article:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb404232.aspx

In this case, as these PCs are non domain cliens, they will not apply for GPOs when booting up.

Thanks,

Miles

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Miles Zhang Thursday, September 2, 2010 7:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nick Gu - MSFT Friday, September 3, 2010 1:24 AM
    Wednesday, September 1, 2010 9:19 AM
  • You may have to import it into the local policies onto each non-domain computer.

MCSA Windows 2003 MCP Windows NT 4 Workstation
    Wednesday, September 1, 2010 1:09 PM