auto mapping of shared mailboxes when granting "Full Access Permissions" to an account with NO mailbox RRS feed

• Question

• Regarding auto mapping of shared mailboxes (I just can't find enough info on it) - can someone explain this scenario?

• On Exchange 2010
    • User Account A is created with NO mailbox
    • User Account B & User Account C are created WITH mailboxes

If I give User Account A "Full Access Permissions" on the mailboxes of User Account B & User Account C (via "Manage Full Access Permissions") - will/should the auto-mapping feature work?

Trying to clarify - let's say I did the above, and then logged into a machine as User Account A and setup an Outlook 2010 profile for User Account B's mailbox (since User Account A has NO mailbox).  Will I also see the mailbox of User Account C?

My testing shows no, and I'm theorizing it's because User Account A has NO mailbox.  No mailbox = No msExch* attributes on User Account A (like msExchDelegateListLink) for it to read and auto map - right?

And is it "automap", "auto map", or "auto-map" in the documentation?  Important for me to know when searching.  ;)

Gosh I hope this makes sense...

Any response is appreciated.

Thanks!

• Edited by robsantos Wednesday, November 30, 2011 12:59 AM
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 12:53 AM

Answers

• Hi robsantos,

I test it in my lab, and same result as yours.

If you delegate User B full access permission on another mailbox(User D), the User D's DN will be listed in the msExchDelegateListBL attribute on User B, thus, In Exchange 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1), Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010 clients automatically map to any mailbox(User D) to which a user has Full Access permissions.

For more information, please see:

Manage Full Access Permissions
    Frank Wang

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com
    • Marked as answer by emma.yoyo Tuesday, December 6, 2011 1:52 AM
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 3:27 AM

All replies

• Hi robsantos,

I test it in my lab, and same result as yours.

If you delegate User B full access permission on another mailbox(User D), the User D's DN will be listed in the msExchDelegateListBL attribute on User B, thus, In Exchange 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1), Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010 clients automatically map to any mailbox(User D) to which a user has Full Access permissions.

For more information, please see:

Manage Full Access Permissions
    Frank Wang

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com
    • Marked as answer by emma.yoyo Tuesday, December 6, 2011 1:52 AM
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 3:27 AM
  • Hi robsantos,

Any updates?

Frank Wang

TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 5, 2011 2:42 AM