none
this version is not supported only servers up to Microsoft SQL Server 2005 are supported RRS feed

• Question

• I created a project in Visual Studio 2008 I used the template Smart device/windows mobile 5.0 Pocket PC SDK/.net compact framework version 3.5/device application/. The project is used on a mobile scanner that worked well with a Microsoft SQL Server 2000. The server was upgraded to Microsoft SQL 2012 now when I use the modify connection to add a data source using Microsoft SQL Server/selecting .net framework data provider for SQL server/put the server name in/choose use SQL Server authentication I enter username and password/I select the database name that I test the connection      “ test connection succeeded “. I click okay I get error message “this version is not supported. Only servers up to Microsoft SQL Server 2005 are supported.” I can connect using Microsoft SQL Server/.net framework data provider for OLE DB /put the server name in/choose use SQL Server authentication I enter username and password/I select the database name that I test the connection      “ test connection succeeded “.  I add a table to my project, test the table it works fine. I now get errors in the data set designer .vb type system.data.OLE database.OLE database data adapter is not defined, type system.data.OLE DB.OLE DB connection is not defined, type system.data.OLE DB.OLE DB command is not defined, type system.data.OLE DB.OLE DB data adapter is not defined,….. Does anybody have an idea how to fix this problem? My Visual Studio 2008 has service pack 1 installed. This is driving me nuts. Thanks in advance.

Thursday, April 3, 2014 5:48 PM

Answers

• GearCoder --

You have erroneously posted your question in a user forum dedicated to Microsoft Project Server, an enterprise project management application.  I would recommend that you repost your question in a more relevant user forum.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, April 3, 2014 6:24 PM

All replies

• GearCoder --

You have erroneously posted your question in a user forum dedicated to Microsoft Project Server, an enterprise project management application.  I would recommend that you repost your question in a more relevant user forum.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, April 3, 2014 6:24 PM
  • Sorry  for posting this on the wrong forum. I reposted on a different forum, but I don't know how to delete it. this is my first post
    Thursday, April 3, 2014 7:16 PM
  • GearCoder --

You do not need to delete your original post here.  No problem, and no need to apologize.  You made a newbie mistake.  I hope you get the answer you seek in another forum!  :)

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, April 3, 2014 7:36 PM