none
DPM Agent Installation issue. RRS feed

• Question

• A target server was running fine. All databases replica becomes inconsistent then to troubleshoot I uninstall DPM agent and trying to reinstall. 

Firewall is enabled on target server , When I am trying to install from DPM console, getting error : Error 319 : Agent operation failed with communication error with DPM Agent Coordinatior service on target server.

When I tried to install at client end, its giving error : DPMAgentinstaller failed with errorcode  =0x80070643,error says, fatal error during installation. Check log files in [WINDIR]Temp\MSDPM*.Log

When I checked log at temp folde, All I find Installer error 1708,1709 and 2205 2228.

Any thoughts.

Thanks in Advance

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 4:09 PM

Answers

• Hi

Maybe try adding a rule to the firewall:

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="DPM Remote Agent Push" dir=in action=allow service=any enable=yes profile=any remoteip=<IPAddress>

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by V Jay Rana Friday, September 26, 2014 4:33 AM
    Wednesday, September 24, 2014 4:45 PM

All replies

• Hi

Maybe try adding a rule to the firewall:

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="DPM Remote Agent Push" dir=in action=allow service=any enable=yes profile=any remoteip=<IPAddress>

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by V Jay Rana Friday, September 26, 2014 4:33 AM
    Wednesday, September 24, 2014 4:45 PM
  • Thanks for Reply Edward.

I am getting error "The syntax of command is incorrect" while executing this command from CMD.

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 6:10 PM
  • Hello 

I just tried settings mentioned on below blog. Its working now, Thanks :)

http://www.experts-exchange.com/OS/Microsoft_Operating_Systems/Server/2003_Server/Q_27537307.html

Thursday, September 25, 2014 2:36 AM
  • Hi Vijay

glad you got it working.

Thursday, September 25, 2014 1:21 PM