Search folders not appearing for Group mailboxes RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have crated a search folder by creating an isolated Group mailbox profile but it does not appear when we access the Group mailbox from our personal account/profile.

Below are the steps we followed:

1. Give full access rights on the shared mailbox for the user

2. Don't Add the mailbox as additional mailbox, Click New Profile and Create profile for the additional mailbox, as you are having full access rights password is not required and Mailbox gets configured as primary mailbox.

3. If you expand the  mailbox, you can see the search mailbox folder, expand it to see the default search folders For Follow up, Large Mails and Unread Mails.

4. Click on the Search Folders to activate them, once done the color will slightly change letting you know its activated.

5. Right click and select new search folder and add if customized folders are required.

6. Close and Open user profile, the mailbox is automatically mapped to the user's Outlook.

7. If you expand the additional mailbox, the search mailbox folder is not visible.

Kindly let us know how to tackle this issue.

Also note that we are using the latest Office365 build (1803 - 9126.2315) and Outlook is in Cached mode.

Regards,

Utkarsh Dang

Friday, November 23, 2018 10:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Utkarsh Dang,

>> Also note that we are using the latest Office365 build (1803 - 9126.2315) and Outlook is in Cached mode.

Based on my research, in order to access the Search folders of another mailbox, the mailbox needs to be run in Online Mode rather than Cached mode.

Please switch to Online mode and check the result. For mode details, hopefully the following article can be helpful:

Search folders for shared mailbox

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, November 26, 2018 8:14 AM
  • Hi Yuki Sun,

>>Based on my research, in order to access the Search folders of another mailbox, the mailbox needs to be run in Online Mode rather than Cached mode.

If we switch to Online mode, the search folders for the personal mailbox disappear. Please let me know if there is any other alternative solution to this.

Regards,

Utkarsh Dang

Monday, November 26, 2018 10:48 AM
  • Hi Yuki Sun,

>>Based on my research, in order to access the Search folders of another mailbox, the mailbox needs to be run in Online Mode rather than Cached mode.

If we switch to Online mode, the search folders for the personal mailbox disappear. Please let me know if there is any other alternative solution to this.

Regards,

Utkarsh Dang

Based on my test, search folders created in Cached mode will not synced to server automatically.

As a workaround, I am assuming that we have to recreate the search folders for personal mailbox in Online mode to make the search folders for both the shared mailbox and the personal mailbox to display in Outlook client.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, December 3, 2018 10:00 AM