Continutl prompts for access to .mac account in outlook on my PC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have a surface pro and run several email addresses through outlook. I have for a number of years accessed my .mac account through this without issue until earlier this year when I started to get continual prompts for user name and password and when entered nothing happened. I have not been able to send or receive email for this account through outlook since then and have been using webmail. Now I want to sort this out as I still get the prompts and it is very annoying! I found on line instructions to get a app password from mac and this worked temporarily and my emails came through but now it has stopped again and I don't know what to do! Thanks for any support.
    Thursday, October 19, 2017 1:17 PM

All replies

• Hi PBugden,

What's your Outlook client version? Outlook for Mac 2016 on Mac machine or Outlook 2010/2013/2016 for Windows?

In Outlook for Windows client, we can try to setup your iCloud email account with IMAP connection and use the app-specific password generated in Apple side for account setup Password. Please refer to the following article for detailed IMAP setting of iCloud mail account:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202304 

(Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.)

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 20, 2017 7:38 AM