none
Control the project site template while using MS Project Client RRS feed

• Question

• I have multiple project site template used by different departments\groups.  I know the way to control the project site template using the EPT when PWA is used form project creation.  But how do i make sure that when that same department creates project through MS Project Client creates the project site with right site template?
    Wednesday, August 19, 2015 6:44 PM

Answers

• pgshah570 --

You cannot control the Site Template used when you create a new enterprise project using the Microsoft Project client.  To make sure that each project uses the correct Project Site template, your PMs should always create their projects using the EPTs you created that are displayed by clicking the New button on the Project Center page.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by pgshah570 Wednesday, August 19, 2015 10:54 PM
    Wednesday, August 19, 2015 9:07 PM

All replies

• pgshah570 --

You cannot control the Site Template used when you create a new enterprise project using the Microsoft Project client.  To make sure that each project uses the correct Project Site template, your PMs should always create their projects using the EPTs you created that are displayed by clicking the New button on the Project Center page.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by pgshah570 Wednesday, August 19, 2015 10:54 PM
    Wednesday, August 19, 2015 9:07 PM
  • Basically we are asking PMs not to create projects using MS Project Client.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 9:28 PM
  • pgshah570 --

A good thing, my friend.  Make it a training and performance issue with your project managers.  Teach them the correct way to create a new project from PWA, and then hold them accountable for this behavior.

By the way, if my original response answers your question, would you please kindly mark it as the answer?  Thank you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 10:09 PM